Thursday, November 3

Passion, Purpose & Potential...What is your story?

Passion—Your passion is found partly in your life story & background experiences. 

When my son was in his Senior year of Homeschooling, about 4 years ago, I could see that things for me would soon be changing and the 9 years of homeschooling my 2 sons would be soon over. What was I going to do with my time? I had committed my life and passion to my son’s education for so long that I started to realize it became my identity. I realized that I had a true gift and passion for counseling, so I started taking online courses for a counseling degree. I sought advise from a friend and she suggested a Christian Life Coaching Certification route.

  I took that advice and during Jake’s senior year of Homeschooling and the classes he took I took the next 12 months to get certified and go to school for that. I started a blog called “Joy for this Journey’ and started ‘imagining’ myself as a Life Coach. I started drawing and writing out my ‘vision and dreams’ that God was instilling inside me. One of those dreams was to start a Women’s ministry with my best friend in Ohio and use her 20 acres and her 6500 sq foot house as an annual retreat center. 
We started planning this as we both had the same calling and called it “Choosing Joy Women’s ministry”. We got out of the boat of doubt and apprehensions and stepped out in faith to obedience to what we felt God’s plan was. 

I am now staying on the course and path that God has showed me. I have to admit there has been some distractions and 'detours' along the way to make me want to quit or feel discouraged, but if you are confident in the voice of the Lord, there is a call on your life, and there is nothing to stop you.

I am currently on the 2nd series of the Propel Women ministry for women, working with Rebecca Basilio https://www.facebook.com/dailymamah/?fref=ts in the Conejo Valley https://www.facebook.com/groups/propelwomenofconejovalley/, prayerfully trusting his lead and moving on to the next season of ministry he has called us to.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13

Purpose—They said your passions are a clue to your purpose 

When I realized what my passions really truly were, I began to feel a sense of joy for living. I shifted my parenting passions and homeschooling to a new path.  The same person, but a new direction. Same gifts and talents I used with my sons, I now felt very clear path, even though I couldn’t see beyond the start of the new road the Lord was calling me to walk on. I just started to walk it, in faith,  walking making plans and bullet points in my journal, listening and being willing to go where he was calling me. With many voices telling me I am not qualified, God kept telling me he will equip me for the call. 
The verse God gave to me was in Hebrews 10:35 “So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded” and in Gal. 6:9, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at just the right time you will reap a harvest if you do not give up” 




Potential—Your potential is found by having confidence in the passion and purposes God has for you.

The potential is also part of realizing you are only capable to do His will for your life, your purpose and passions because you are His child and you are aware He is the one who gives us the boldness and courage to pursue these things ahead of us.
In Psalm 138:8 it says “The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me, your steadfast love oh Lord endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.” 
He sees us in His eyes, we need to live and pray that way..He sees the end of the path you are on. He is for you. In Phil 2:13 it says “ It is God who works in you , both to will and work for his good pleasure.”

He delights in you working towards your full potential. 

No comments:

Post a Comment