Wednesday, May 11

The Crazy Trian

There are so many demands and distractions pulling on our hearts and minds these days, one can hardly get a handle on them. We have these demands and distractions almost 100% coming from our devices, our smart phones and Ipads!
This is out of control, yet I do love technology. There is good and bad in almost everything we have in our lives today isn't there? I can find the good in all social media, but at the same exact time, I can pull out the frustrations and the negative effects on my life.
We want to stay connected with people, so we join Facebook groups, we want to know more so we add new pages to follow, but this is happening on all social media venues, and quite honestly, I am exhausted from them all and I have recently paused. I have taken a little break from the madness and hopped off the crazy train for a reason. I am discovering that most people, women I run into, are desperately seeking one on one relationships, connections and the authentic renewal it provides.
I have been meeting up on purpose one on one time with friends, and it's been very obvious to me that no app, no group on social media or even video chat avenues can replace human contact and real face-time is the way we need to be.
Life is about having 'balance' and when you realize the time to jump off the crazy train and seek out time with others, you won't understand what you really are missing.

2 Peter 3:17 "You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your won steadfastness"
&
Ephesians 5:15 "Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise"


No comments:

Post a Comment