Monday, December 17

Searching For A Nativity

I was in a store the other day and asked a store worker "I'm looking to buy a nativity.. Do you have them?" She kept starring at me in confusion and asked "what's a nativity, I'm sorry I don't know".. so I explained. "It's Jesus as a baby laying in a stable / manger.. It's why we celebrate" Christmas and went on explaining the birth of Christ and why it's important, she was authentically interested in my faith. I was sweetly reminded this day at this store through this nice woman that I need to be open and clear on my faith's principles and be open to share at any time. Never think or assume others to know about the message of the gift of Jesus or the message of the cross either.. Every chance I get I will now be more open and not assume someone knows. 
What is your faith and belief on the celebration of Christmas? Many of us just simply, including myself, love the unity of family, friends, gift giving and just the whole love and joy of the season. I can't deny however along with those aspects, I want to share that there are still many people today still searching for the truth and just like that woman in the store on my quest to find a Nativity set for my house, they are still asking questions about faith in Jesus Christ and understanding if it is all true or not. The Christian faith is the only faith that solely relies on actual 'faith' in the truth of the bible. I appreciate and love that the store clerk having a true and honest question of what and why and how's about my interest in the Nativity. I hope and pray you will ask questions, seek and find the truth this Christmas. 
 I invite you to read the following scriptures Matthew 1:18-25; Matthew 2:1-12; Luke 1:26-38; Luke 2:1-20. 


No comments:

Post a Comment