Friday, September 2

Season of Drought

We are in a drought still here in California. It is dry, hot and looking rather browner these days. 
I still go outside, I still will take a hike or long walk in the dry CA air, even though I am not a fan of such hot, dry conditions. Sometimes it gets discouraging and we long for rain, for an end to the heat and the dryness, the oppression of it all. 

Recently I was on a hike, which started out on a narrow dirt path, then connected to a paved walking trail. I had the choice to stay on a dirt path, or take the other; I chose the paved. I was looking around as I walked in the beautiful park, thinking to myself how interesting it was that the driest and most dead plants around me were closest to the pavement, the concrete path I was walking on. I also noticed how the plants, trees and shrubs that were still green and seemingly growing and flourishing were the ones away from the path and out in the shade and where a small river used to once flow. The other observation I made was the trees healthiest were the ones near or in a park where the kids play and the gardener takes car of them. The 3 attributes of the healthy, green trees and plants are: Shade...shelter....care. Think about your life, what areas are you needing more of these things? 

All these things I noticed and I made a connection with life. Sometimes the driest times in our life that of spiritual drought are when we are walking on the 'right path' and yet we feel we are dying inside, and it feels like the wrong path or direction. We see others around us flourishing, their lives seem so amazing and fresh of life, green, healthy spiritually, and financially and socially. We question if the path we are walking on is the right one. We need to remember there are times in life that are drier and other people just came out of that life 'drought' and are on a more greener one. It doesn't mean you are on the wrong direction..stay the course and endure the season. 

Hebrews 10:36 "You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised" 







No comments:

Post a Comment