Friday, April 25

Waiting in a Culture of Rushing

"Be still and know I am God." This verse has become my theme, my echo, my constant reminder through many waves of doubts, fears, uncertainties and seasons that seem longer than normal. Every time I want to know something I want to "KNOW" it and it's a normal human tendency to rush your life. Our culture says hurry, worry, achieve, strive, plan, look out for your own personal needs and never be satisfied with no, push forward, keep going towards what you want to get more more more. God says rest, wait, trust, love, accept, take time to focus on the more important things and be content, be satisfied in me. God says to embrace my peace, joy and leave the cares of this world and enjoy the relationships I have give you.
There is a conflict, a struggle to with the two worlds for your soul, for your life.  It is amazing that what our culture and our own minds will try to win the battle but in Psalm 37:7 it also says "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes." To win is to rest, and wait and I say let's not be deceived so to miss God.


No comments:

Post a Comment