Monday, April 15

Overcome Evil With Good


The thief comes only to steal, and kill and destroy, I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
This scripture verse was very heavy on my heart the only night when I woke up unexpectedly in the middle of the night. I haven't read or said this verse in a while, although it is one of those popular Sunday School verses to know. I had been talking about abortion and other issues with a small group of friends and another friend who is part of a new non-profit company to help victims of sex-trafficking in our own communities. These different topics and issues must have caused me to get spiritually charged up about how very specifically this verse John 10:10 means to what is going on in this country today. I can't sit back and not say something! Then, I was on the web today, yet again I see news of the Boston bombings and it just hit me hard in the heart as yet again evil that only comes from the enemy is wanting steal, kill and destroy.
Is there any hope? Yes.
There is a thief, the enemy who does want to steal our children, our babies, steal their innocence. Christ has overcome.  There is a thief who wants to kill our marriages, human lives, and ultimately wants to destroy us. Christ has covercome. There is hope amidst all of this I write about and this is the good news. In John 1:5 it says "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." and Romans 12:21 we can fight this battle of this evil in the world, Jesus paid the price on the cross. "Do not be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good."
"Evil is powerful, but good is more powerful. In fact, evil is so powerful that only good has the power to overcome it."


No comments:

Post a Comment