Wednesday, April 17

An Etsy Journey



This is an excerpt from my mom, Charlotte Gray at Victoria & Charlotte Treasures website/store, I encourage you to click on the link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/victoriacharlotte and share with your social media sites! I am so blessed to have the parents I do and to have them such wonderful people is one thing but a double bonus that they are such creative and savvy business owners is really cool! :) Vicki





HOW I GOT STARTED ON ETSY...
I was visiting my daughter Vicki - in Southern California - in October, 2009 and she suggested that I try selling on ETSY. We set up the shop and had the "Grand Opening" on October 22. Initially I sold vintage items and my soldered glass charms/necklaces.
It went really well so I then started altering Altoid Mint tins. Later, after taking some mosaic classes, I added mosaics to my shop.
What I enjoy most about having my ETSY shop is that it provides an avenue for creativity. Before, I would make things as gifts - and that is great! However, it is such a pleasure to have a broader audience and to have people really enjoy shopping for and buying my art.
Recently, my husband Darrell has also been making colorful mosaic light switch plates and enjoying it as well.
This is absolutely a wonderful way to spend my time after working for years in education and social services. It is such a luxury to work on a project without the constraints of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment