Monday, November 19

A Time To Be Still

Psalm 42:1 As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you Oh God. My soul thirsts for God, the living God"


I  took this photo in the Pacific NW Cascades when we were living in Washington State and every time I view it, it speaks to me. The power of being still before God and his creation of nature is like no other peace you will find. The richness of the depth of the water, the intriguing sounds of quiet.
In our lives we are living in more 'bus-i-ness' than ever before, not just with getting in the car and jobs or activity, but more so in technology. We are in a new world of overactive gadgetry and it's too much. We need a retreat from it all to gain perspective again from time to time.
This photo also reminds me of a very powerful reminder in Zephaniah 3:17 "THE LORD YOUR GOD IS WITH YOU, HE IS MIGHTY TO SAVE, HE WILL TAKE GREAT DELIGHT IN YOU, HE WILL QUIET YOU WITH HIS LOVE
He provides the strength we need in daily life  In Psalm 89:9 it says, "You rule over the surging sea; when it's waves mount up you still them."
There are powerful, scary and unpredictable, hard times that even within these times we can find God as still and present with power and love in this as reaching out to us to calm the fears and quiet the waters.

Take Away Verse Today: Psalms 23:1-2 " The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me besides "quiet waters" and he refreshes my soul" 

No comments:

Post a Comment