Sunday, March 25

Tea Bags

Do you like to drink tea? Did you know there is a protocol and actual science to preparing tea for that 'perfect' cup? When we prepare a cup of tea to enjoy we don't just heat up a cup of water and stick in a tea bag and drink it! Oh no...we have to steep that bag, there is an etiquette to this wonderful tea drinking hobby! I was looking up some facts on tea and was humored and surprised to find a whole webpage on the "How to steep a perfect cup of tea for every single time," was the actual article. The number one rule it explained was that one has to realize that there are different types of tea and that when preparing for each type, each kind of tea has to be handled differently meaning different types of steeping times and different temperatures of water to make it fully soak in and bring out it's flavor. 
To 'steep' means 'to soak in water or other liquid so as to extract its flavor or soften it". Did you know that I took so much out of this tea truth and related it to spiritual life. Every one of us is different, unique in character, in personality and experiences. Also, I know that each one of us needs to soak in time with God and His word more or less depending on our journey and needs. When you think of it, why would someone want to have a cup of weak tea, where the flavor is bland and has no taste? We have to steep that tea bag long to enhance its taste to fully enjoy the intended flavor. So in our lives, we get out what we put into something. When you wake up each morning what do you choose to 'soak in" for the day will determine if you will be weak or strong in facing what you will in life that day. Why are we so surprised when we feel down or depressed or don't feel the closeness of God if we don't spend time with Him. Do you choose to soak in the goodness and greatness of our Lord by being in His presence daily in His word and prayer, giving thanks for all God has done? Do you instead choose to soak in first thing by watching T.V, going on the web or watching You Tube video's? Do you go straight to Facebook or Twitter and soak in the thoughts and opinions of the world's ideas and mistaken thinking from others to influence you above God's views? It just makes me want to soak in more of God to start my day. I know this is a choice we all have but if it is a choice, I choose to steep in the greatness and encouragement of what will make my day strong in Him.

"Matthew 11:28:30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

No comments:

Post a Comment