Monday, November 7

Hope For Every New Morning


This morning when I woke up the first thing that popped into my mind as I saw the sun rising is how God in his wisdom created us to sleep with the setting of the sun and rise with the rising of the sun. I know this is a “duh” moment for many of you but I really thought it over and over as I layed there in my comfy bed and thought how great it is that each day is new. Everyday is symbolic of putting away or to “rest” the day’s events and then waking to a new one and starting over. That to me is a miracle and a blessing and it shows me a taste of God’s love for me.

 You are important to God. You are loved more than anything God has ever created; yes you are loved and important to God. It doesn’t matter what your past is, it doesn’t matter what mistaken thinking you may have learned through your life about God. In Psalm 46 tells about God’s power and in this we find our stability and hope is in the God of this world who is passionately and forever pursuing your devotion to him. He loves you so much and his yearning for your attention and devotion is never going to stop. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth may give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. “

The pursuit God has for your devotion is not a selfish desire, it is God’s way of extending his love and compassion to you to realize that you don’t have to do anything to make him love you, he just “loves” you. In a world that is ever changing and seems very unpredictable and chaotic and unsure, we have the promises of God daily to lean on. I love how Lamentations 3:22-24 describes God’s love, “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, ‘therefore I will hope in him alone”


No comments:

Post a Comment